Stay up-to-date by signing up to receive Michael’s eNewsletter.Subscribe Now
The Deakin Shield is presented in the spirit of Alfred Deakin, after whom the electorate of Deakin was named.
The award recognises the valuable contribution of students from schools throughout Deakin.
Students are recognised for their:
– high standard in attitude and achievement;
– participation in all school activities with a good attitude;
– full commitment to the ethos of the school;
– an awareness of others and their needs; and,
– positive contribution to the school community.
All schools within the electorate are welcome to take part in the Deakin Shield and staff from each school selects the successful students.
The Deakin Shield is presented annually by the Federal Member for Deakin, Michael Sukkar MP, at the end of year graduation/speech night or final assembly.
Each successful student receives an individual shield and has their name engraved on a larger, perpetual shield, which is presented for display in a prominent position within the school.
There are currently 46 out of 52 schools participating in the Deakin Shield.
For more information, please contact Michael Sukkar’s office on (03) 9874 1711.