Stay up-to-date by signing up to receive Michael’s eNewsletter.Subscribe Now
2018 Community Heritage Grants
Michael Sukkar, Federal Member for Deakin, is excited to invite not-for-profit organisations, such as historical societies, regional museums, public libraries and Indigenous and migrant community groups, to apply for the 2018 Community Heritage Grants (CHG) round.
CHG is a federally funded grants program, which offers grants of up to $15,000 to assist in preserving cultural heritage collections of national significance.
The round opened this week and closes on 7 May 2018.
A wide range of activities may qualify for grants, including:
- Significance assessments of collections
- Preservation needs assessments of collections
- Purchase of archival quality storage materials
- Preservation training projects
- Conservation activities, including cleaning, treatment or rebinding
- Purchase and installation of environmental control and monitoring equipment
- Copying of material once originals have been preserved
- Cataloguing or collection management software.
Applicants should carefully read the 2018 Community Heritage Grants program guidelines before submitting an application.
Guidelines and the application form are available here.
For further information see: http://www.nla.gov.au/awards-and-grants/chg